Recipe by TPubmgjbd
I have not made this and I doubt that I ever will but I thought there might be some enterprising soul on here who might want to try it.
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 -5 drops Tabasco sauce (can add up to 18 drops for a hot mustard)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, onion and garlic in a small saucepan.
- Heat to boiling.
- Lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Let mixture cool completely.
- Place dry mustard in a small saucepan.
- Strain wine mixture into dry mustard.
- Discard onion and garlic pieces strained from wine mixture.
- Beat mustard/wine mixture with a wire whisk until very smooth.
- Add honey, oil, salt and Tabasco to mustard mixture.
- Heat slowly, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Pour into a non-metal container, cover and chill at least two days to allow flavors to blend.