Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
love all 3 of these things so i want to give it a go. The recipe does not incude time to bake potatoes.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small carrot
- 250 g mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 baked potatoes
- Chop the onion, peel and grate the carrot and slice the mushrooms, halving them across the other way first if they are large.
- Saute the vegetables in the water or stock, in a large frying pan, until most of the liquid is gone and the vegetables are soft.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl, adding a bit of water if you wish (makes a thinner sauce) and add to the vegetables in the pan. Mix well and cook, stirring, over low heat for about a minute until thickened.
- Pour over hot, split baked potatoes.
- Serve with a crisp green salad on the side.
With sour cream as garnish, these are 5 stars! Otherwise, made as directed for July 2010 Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap. Thanks, Sonya!