Recipe by Cathy17
I experimented a bit and came up with this variation of mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Mirj
Oh yum! Adult comfort food! I have a super grainy Dijon that I got as a gift that everyone in the family is scared of except for me. Perfect for this recipe. However, I have one complaint: 1/8 cup of butter my fat Aunt Fanny! I doubled the butter, doubled the Parmesan, wow!
- 4 medium potatoes (peeled or unpeeled, your preference)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, for potato water (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 3 -4 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into quarters, cover with water and optional garlic and boil until tender- I used red potatoes with skin on.
- Alternatively, steam potatoes and garlic together.
- Just before potatoes are done, combine milk, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper until well mixed in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and heat in microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring half way until heated through.
- Drain potatoes, return to pot and mash lightly.
- Add butter, salt, pepper and mash again.
- Slowly add hot milk and mustard mixture, mashing until the potatoes are creamy and your preferred consistency.
- Add Parmesan cheese, mix and serve!
- NOTE- make sure you get some of the mustard grains in when you mash the potatoes.
- The grains may separate a bit if you pour the milk mixture in, so you might want to spoon in the milk and mustard mixture.