Recipe by tpw1963 williams
Marinated and BBQed
Top Review by Buster's friend
OMG - this made the BEST grilled chicken this evening - we were all going for the pieces marinated in this! Used a whole chicken cur into 8 pieces and marinated for 2 days (got busy). Fired up the grill this afternoon & started off with this batch of chicken. It put the really good jerk chicken to shame! And that is coming from a bunch of chili-heads! The chicken was moist, flavorful & the mustard-wine-herb combination was enhanced by slow moist BBQing. The chicken developed a golden lacquer that was just beautiful too! This is such a keeper I almost feel the need to start a new cookbook just for this one! Thank you tpw196 (can't see the rest of your name b/c review box is over it) for the best marinade we've ever used!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients and spread all over chicken pieces.
- Marinate overnight.
- At least two hours if a quick result is required.
- Cook on hotplate part of grill until sealed.
- Finish on BBQ/Griller for 15-30 minutes; turning pieces often.
- Baste pieces during cooking with any remaining marinade.