Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The honey mustard is inside the biscuit!
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dijon-style honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cured ham, sliced
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine flour, milk, 1/2 cup butter and mustard until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto surface dusted with additional flour. Fold dough in half 5 to 7 times to knead. Pat dough evenly into a round about 3/4 inch thick.
- With a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut into biscuits. Gently place each biscuit on baking sheet coated with no stick cooking spray. (Pat dough again as needed.) Brush 1 tablespoon butter over tops of biscuits.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with ham.