Recipe by DuChick
A warm, hearty, and healthy soup ready in a little over an hour. I use low-sodium broth and turkey ham.
Top Review by zephanie
The dijon mustard really makes this dish unique, and really compliments the ham and lentil flavors without being overbearing. I made this recipe with leftover honey-glazed ham and it blended wonderfully with the rest of the ingredients. I also substituted celery for the green pepper, which worked great. It tasted fantastic with hot cornbread on the side...there were no leftovers!
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (13 1/4 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 3⁄4 cup dry lentils
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard