Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was adapted from Ellie Krieger at the Food Network channel. I have served this both as a hot side dish and as a cold salad--both with very good results.
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Mix in red onion, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Set aside to allow flavors to blend.
- Bring a large pot of water with steamer basket to a boil.
- Add green beans and steam for 4-8 minutes, or until crisp.
- Transfer green beans to a serving bowl. Toss the dressing with the green beans.
- NOTE: Can be served as a hot side dish. Or refrigerate and serve as a cold salad. I really like to make it the day before, refrigerate and serve the next day. It really allows the flavors to blend.-----I have also used a mix of green beans and wax beans. This worked very well and made for a pretty presentation.