Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Frankie Alvarado). Great dressing!
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2/3 ounce) packet Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix, prepared as directed
- Mince garlic and combine with sugar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, mustard, vinegar, and olive oil.
- Combine this mixture in a jar with prepared packet mix.
- Shake well before using.
This is really a wonderful dressing. I used about 1 1/2 t. sugar and it was just right. The dressing is VERY smooth, not overly tangy as some Italian type dressings can be. For the Good Seasons I prepared it using red wine vinegar, and added just 3 T. of olive oil as I felt there really was enough oil in there anyway. I also used 2 t. of lemon juice from looking at other salad dressing recipes to get an idea of how much I should use. This really is very good and I wil make it often, thank you for sharing.