Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3⁄4 lb skinless pollock fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free tartar sauce
- In large skillet, bring 2 cups water to boil over high heat.
- Rinse pollock fillets; add to boiling water in single layer.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork, turning once.
- Drain fish in colander.
- If necessary, remove any small bones; set fish aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, beat egg slightly; stir bread crumbs, carrot, chives and mustard.
- Add cooked fish; mix well with fork.
- Shape fish mixture into 4 patties, 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick.
- Wipe same skillet dry with paper towel.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add patties; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until set and lightly browned.
- To serve: Place patties in buns with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce.
Grill the buns with some butter and garlic on them.