Recipe by ChefMamaBlogger
There is really nothing to this recipe, and yet, it was amazing! It can be found here: http://lobsterandfishsticks.com/ It would be an awesome side dish for some grilled chicken or fish, or just all piled up for a meatless meal.You can change up the veggies, depending on your preferences and what you have on hand, too.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
With one exception, I made this recipe as given ~ Although I'm not a vegetarian, I did substitute some homemade vegetable broth for the chicken kind, & the veggies were ready for us after about 5 1/2 hours since we like a little crispness to them! Really enjoyed your dressing, too! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef]
- 2 cups broccoli (one bunch)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 bell peppers, one red, one orange or green
- 2 large carrots
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
For the dressing
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut all of the veggies into bite sized pieces and layer in slow cooker and add chicken broth.
- cook on low for 5-8 hours, depending on how you want for your veggies:.
- 5-6 hrs – tender crisp, or even a tiny bit more crisp.
- 7-8 hrs – more tender and void of any crispness.
- mix all dressing ingredients, place drained veggies in a bowl and toss with dressing.