Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Super Easy, Yet Super Delicious!
- 5 -7 large red potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper (to Taste)
- aluminum foil
- Clean and microwave potatoes for at least 5 minute (this makes them easier to handle, and then takes them less time to cook).
- Wait 5 min after heating and cut potatoes into 1in cubes, set aside.
- slice onion, set aside.
- in medium bowl melt butter, mix in dijon mustard, parsley. garlic salt, onions and potatoes, makes sure they are evenly coated.
- make an aluminum foil pouch, pour in potatoe mixture, seal pouch by rolling sides together (you may place this pouch into a small disposable aluminum pan so they dont leak).
- heat grill on medium heat, place potatoes on grill cook for about 20-25 minutes (you may need more time), opening pouch and stirring mixture occansionally, i usually let mine go for a couple minutes more because i like when they get a little crispy.
DELICIOUS! This is not "just another grilled potato" recipe. It's a great grilled potato recipe. Easy is the right word too. The dijon is very subtle and melds wonderfully with the other flavors. I always used fresh garlic and seasoning salt. (For whatever reason I hate the smell of garlic salt or powder. Love garlic though.) I don't grill in foil but did cook these on the grill in a small Corning Ware casserole dish. Very easy to remove the lid to stir and they potatoes still browned beautifully. Thanks for a great recipe SimplyMe