Recipe by Ginny Sue
Great flavor in a quick and easy dish. From simple & delicious magazine Nov/Dec 2008.
Top Review by Erindipity
This was a very nice and simple week night dinner. I used pre-pounded chicken cutlets from the freezer and followed the recipe as directed. The chicken had a nice crispy texture and a mild Dijon taste. I served it with recipe #241933 and we ended up using some of the Dijon sauce from that recipe on the chicken. It really enhanced the chicken's flavor and I will be making this again for sure.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs and mustard in a shallow bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and onion powder in another shallow bowl.
- With a meat mallet, flatten chicken to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Dip each chicken piece in egg mixture, then into crumb mixture to coat thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until chicken is golden brown.