Recipe by *Parsley*
This is a yummy spinach side dish adapted from Kraft.
Top Review by FolkDiva
This was wonderful! Used fresh spinach from my early garden (thanks to reviewer, Bev, for the tip on steaming fresh spinach slightly before adding to the dijon cream sauce). Paired nicely with recipe #326423 and made for a lovely stop in France during ZWT5! Thank you, *Parsley*, for a great spinach recipe.
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 44.37 ml flour
- 354.88 ml evaporated milk
- 59.14 ml Dijon mustard
- 0.59-1.23 ml ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan on medium-high heat, melt butter; add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is crisp-tender. Add wine; simmer 5 minute
- Stir in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Cook until mixture thickens and begins to boil, stirring constantly. Allow to boil for 1 minute.
- Add mustard, pepper, and salt. Stir in spinach; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.