Recipe by lolablitz
I have been making Abba Gimel's Dijon Chicken Stew with Kale (#366119) for a year and LOVE it! Last night I made a version that borrowed from her base recipe but was different enough and wonderfully good that I wanted to post it here so I could re-create it. I used homemade stock that I had frozen, but you could also use store-bought for an equally delicious result. I also used Rising Moon Organic Butternut Squash Ravioli, but you could use any flavor ravioli that has a mild or slightly sweet flavoring.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- seasoning salt
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup white wine or 1 cup sherry wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces butternut squash ravioli, uncooked
- 8 ounces frozen spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tbs oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onion; saute until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic; saute 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour onion mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Place 1/3 cup flour in a shallow bowl and add seasoned salt.
- Dredge chicken; shaking off excess, reserve extra flour.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan, add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Add wine to pan, scraping pan to deglaze and loosen browned bits.
- Combine 1 cup broth with 1 tbsp of extra flour, stirring with a whisk or fork until smooth.
- Add broth mixture, remaining broth, water and mustard to pan. Add chicken and onions/garlic mixture.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add spinach, cover & simmer 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to low boil, add ravioli and cook for time recommended by package (mine was 8 minutes).
- Serve immediately with crusty bread.