Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A better chicken salad sandwich.
Make and share this Dijon Chicken Salad Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellman's)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- softened butter
- lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, slices
- 6 plain croissants
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Butter croissants – this is important as the butter makes a ‘lining’ to prevent the croissant from getting too soggy, and it tastes good too.
- Fill croissants with lettuce, tomato slices and chicken salad.
My husband LOVED the "zip" that the dijon mustard gave to the salad. He said it is probably one of the best recipes he's tasted. That, and it is SUPER easy to make!
This is a great sandwich! The dijon mustard and dill give it a nice zip. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any croissants around here, but we had them on sub rolls and they were still delicious. I'm hoping to find the croissants so I can try them again that way! Thanks for a great lunchtime treat!
This was a little different, and good. I doubled the recipe and used dried dill. I did not, however, use the croissants, lettuce and tomato. We just used it to make plainer sandwiches with bread we had in the house. I can see myself making this again.