Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty fettuccine that's a great way to use leftover chicken!
- 1 (9 ounce) package spinach fettuccine
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red pepper (optional)
- Cook fettuccine as directed on package. Drain well and return the pasta to the pot.
- Add the cream and mustard to the pasta in the pot. Cook over medium heat, mixing well, about 2 minutes or until hot.
- Add chicken and red peppers (if using) and heat through.
With precooked chicken this makes a wonderful and quick weeknight meal. The recipe was reduced to serve 2. Being the garlic lover I am, I added 2 cloves of minced garlic. In place of roasted red peppers, I tossed in a handful of reconstituted sun dried tomatoes that were coarsely chopped for color and sprinkled freshly grated Parmesan cheese over all at serving time along with ground black pepper. A very delicious meal served with steamed vegetables on the side.
Excellent and so very easy! I added some sliced mushrooms, and used peppadews to add that touch of colour and piquancy. We all loved this dish, even my younger daughter who is a little picky! I had used my packet of spinach fettucine, so I had to resort to tri-colore bowtie pasta, very nice. Thank you loof, we really enjoyed this, made for PRMR tag game.
Like others who made & reviewed this recipe, I decided to add a clove of garlic & also included the roasted red pepper & increased the chicken to 2 generous cups! Very, very nice tasting dish that way & this is certainly a recipe I'll be keeping around! [Tagged, made & reviewed n Zaar Stars tag]