Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fast, easy and delicious. This recipe was developed by clinical dietitians and published in our local newspaper. Our family really enjoys this.
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, and spices in a bowl.
- Brush both sides of chicken pieces with mustard.
- Dredge through bread crumb mixture.
- Heat oil and margarine in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted.
- Saute chicken 6-8 minutes on each side, until done.
Very good flavor and easy. My chicken breasts were thick and I had a hard time getting them to cook through without burning the coating. Next time I will pound my breasts before coating to ensure they cook through all the way in the time indicated. I will make again!
I made this for Healthy Recipes ABC tag, and it was a good choice. I only used 2 chicken breasts, but I kept the other measurements the same, and it worked out perfectly. This is a nice way to have chicken, and it comes together pretty quickly. Thanks for sharing!
We loved this. There was so much flavor and the chicken was very moist. I used coarse-grain mustard and much more than 2 Tbsp for 3 chicken breasts. The other measurements were fine for me. I did have some difficulty keeping the crust adhered to the chicken.