Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 cups instant rice
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon leaves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Spread uncooked rice in lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Place chicken breasts on top of rice.
- Arrange zucchini and bell pepper on top of chicken.
- Mix mustard, wine, and water in small bowl until smooth; pour over vegetables and chicken.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper; sprinkle evenly over entire dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees 20 minutes; uncover and bake until rice and chicken are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
A very tasy meal in one dish! I followed the recipe as listed but reduced the mustard to less than half a cup, maybe to about a third of a cup and I pounded the chicken pieces. Also, next time I will add the salt to the rice before cooking and not after as in the recipe. I served this with a dish of natural yogurt on the side as there was no liquid in this dish. Thanks for a really easy dish, Dancer.