Recipe by Katemeri
I found this recipe on Yahoo Health! "FoodFit Original Recipes use seasonal ingredients to create dishes that are healthy, delicious and easy to make. Our chef follows FoodFit's nutrition standards for recipes that are lower in fat, but full of flavor!"
Top Review by Twiggyann
Goodness this was delicious. I did find out after I was in the middle of cooking that I only had about 1 tbsp of sour cream so I added a little milk -- maybe 1/4 cup -- for some creaminess. I also added a bit of flour mixed with some of the liquid to thicken up the sauce just a bit. The only other thing I did differently was I used 2 cups of broth instead of 1 1/2. I served it up with homemade fettucine noodles. I wish I had tried this sooner. It will definitely be a keeper. Thanks!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced in thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 3⁄4 lb pasta (rigatoni, penne or fusili)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a large pot of water on to boil. Add the pasta and cook about 12 minutes until al dente or per instructions on the package. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over moderately high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then add to the pan. Saute the chicken until golden on both sides, about 6 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the onions. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Turn the heat to medium, add the wine and reduce until it is almost completely evaporated.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce by half.
- Add the mustard and low-fat sour cream and stir until the sauce is creamy.
- Add the chicken and cooked pasta to the sauce and toss until well coated. Sprinkle with fresh basil.