Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
This is a quick and simple dish to make when you've had a busy day. Low in calories AND it tastes good!! If you like your green beans crunchy, this is perfect. If you prefer tender, I would recommend blanching or boiling beans for a minute before putting them in foil. A friend found this recipe and made it on the grill when we went camping, but I've also made it at home in the oven.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 4 sheets aluminum foil, about 12 x 8 inches (heavy duty works well)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Center one chicken breast on each sheet of aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, honey and pepper.
- Spoon this over the chicken.
- Top with green beans.
- Bring foil sides up and double fold the top ends to seal each packet, leaving a little room for circulation inside.
- Place packets on top of a cookie sheet and bake for 18 to 22 minutes in the preheated oven.
- If you're making this on the grill, grill for approximately 13 to 15 minutes.
I used frozen chicken breast and regular aluminum foil. Unfortunately, the chicken ended up being a little "dry" (I adjusted the cooking time and probably let it cook too long) but the flavor was great. Very easy recipe to follow and quick to make.
This is easy to put together and very easy to clean up after. However, I thought the flavor was a bit bland and the texture was off.
The chicken was moist & delicious - I loved this recipe. My DH didn't care for the way the green beans turned out but I thought it was great! Perhaps it's because I'm the cook & I love a recipe that cooks the meal in aluminum foil that gets thrown away - NO PANS! I served it with a side of Near East rice pilaf - It's a keeper ... too bad DH!