Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a childhood favorite recipe! I think the recipe orginated from a Heart Smart cookbook. I love this chicken! The breading keeps the chicken really moist and the Dijon flavour is tamed down a bit with the yogurt. A wonderful, healthy dish and the best Dijon chicken I ever tasted!
- 6 chicken breasts (either boneless or with bone but remove skin)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup fine fresh breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- Mix mustard into yogurt.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spread each piece of chicken with mustard mixture, then roll in bread crumbs.
- Place chicken on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 45-50 minutes for bone-in chicken.
- 30-35 minutes for boneless chicken.
I loved this dish. It was simple and easy. I used a spicy mustard instead and it had a great flavor. Thanks! :)
We loved this dish, easy to put together and great flavours. I used skinless thigh cutlets and cooked for 45 minutes. Thanks for sharing.
This was a tasty dish, but not very dijon-y. The thyme seemed to take over the taste of mustard. If it was called a thyme chicken recipe it would be quite satisfying!