Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy!!! I have made this for many guests and they all love it. It is a very elegant meal, yet, very easy to make. Use the un-used spinach to make a spinach salad to accompany your meal.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Boil chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked, do not overcook and dry out chicken.
- Coat baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast in pan.
- Place about 5 leaves of spinach on each piece of chicken breast until entire breast is coated with spinach.
- Place sliced mushrooms on top of spinach.
- Slice monterey jack cheese and put two slices on top of mushrooms.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- In saucepan, mix together sour cream and dijon mustard.
- Cook on medium heat stirring so that it does not burn.
- Do not let boil.
- When thoroughly heated, pour mixture on chicken right before serving.
This was delicious! To simplify, I used frozen chicken breasts which I baked for about 25 min. and drained before putting on the toppings. I used a shredded colby-jack cheese and used just over 2 ounces, so about half of what the recipe calls for. I sprinkled tarragon into the sauce and that was great! Served with rice and haricot verts and put the sauce on everything. Yummy!
Very good. I seasoned the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and used cheddar cheese, because that was all I had. Even my husband liked it!
Very easy and delicious!