Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this out of a magazine in the break room at work. I can't remember which magazine though. This is a vey easy recipe. I cut the chicken into large chunks so it would cook faster but you don't have to. The dijon isn't overpowering so if you want a really mustardy flavor you might want to add more mustard or use a stronger flavored one.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Add chicken and cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Whisk together broth, flour and Dijon mustard.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Very easy and very tasty! Made exactly as directed and would not change a thing. I will definately make this again.
I needed a last-minute main dish and this was perfect. I halved the recipe for the three of us. I did think it was mustardy enough--not overpowering, but the flavor was there. Thanks for posting! Made for I Recommend Tag.
GREAT, GREAT RECIPE, & a definite keeper! I used just 4 chicken breasts while the rest of the ingredients were pretty much as indicated (although I did use a large Vadalia onion)! I also did use both unsalted butter & low-sodium broth, so I added a bit of salt & pepper to this! Thanks so much for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup cooking game]