Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this recipe out of You: The Owner's Manual. Really liked the recipe but I probably added a little more syrup to dipping sauce than called for. I also used white cooking wine and a white onion in place of shallot, which I also sauteed in olive oil for the sauce. It could also be great to make a sandwich out of.
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine (chardonnay or sauvignon blanc)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot, divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons real maple syrup, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine 1/8 cup mustard, wine, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, 1/2 T. shallots, and 1/2 T. maple syrup in a shallow dish, for a marinade.
- Add chicken and turn to coat thoroughly; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill or pan-grill chicken 3-5 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining mustard, shallots, and maple-syrup. Mix well and serve as a dipping sauce for the chicken.