Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the kraftfoods web site. Have taken the liberty of making this my own. I didn't include cooling time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon (already prepared)
- 2 slices crispy cooked bacon (already prepared)
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt, to taste (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Beat cream cheese and shredded cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in mustard, 4 slices of bacon, 2 tablespoons of the onions, cayenne and black pepper, and salt, if using.
- Transfer to serving bowl; cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for several hours, overnight or until chilled.
- Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with the remaining green onions, bacon and garnish with paprika, if desired.
- Serve with crackers or pita wedges.
Yum, really tasty spread, I used it on some chicken melts with tomato, lettuce & cheese..the only change I made was I used ricotta instead of cream cheese as I had some to use up. Thanks for posting!
I love this spread! Bursting with flavors...you can really taste the bacon and green onions. I fixed this for a get together and it was the first thing to disappear.
Fantastic flavor here! Filled bite size pittas with this spread and it was simply fantastic. Will definitely use again. I only refrigerated for about three hours before filling pitta's, warming them and serving, but there were none left at the end of the evening. Thanks for posting!