Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Flavorful burgers and onions - best eaten with good-quality rolls instead of plain hamburger buns.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, 2 tbs mustard, 3 tbs wine, egg, 1 tsp tarragon, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Combine the remaining mustard, wine, tarragon, pepper, and oil.
- Brush this mixture on the onion slices and burgers and broil or grill for 5 minutes.
- Turn burgers and onions, rebaste, and cook another 5-7 minutes or until done to taste.