Abba Gimel's Note:
Very light and spicy chicken dish. Quick and easy for the middle of the week or a romantic dinner for two. I serve it with a nice garlic rice pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 shallots or 1 small red onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets, & stems
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Heat oil in a medium to large skillet with a pinch of red pepper flakes on medium-high heat.
- 2Mix chicken broth and soy sauce; set aside.
- 3Saute the shalots until translucent.
- 4Add broccoli, mushrooms, garlic and water, cover and steam 4-6 minutes.
- 5Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- 6Add chicken to skillet; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- 7Add broth mixture; mix well and bring to boil.
- 8Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in mustard until well blended.
- 9Return broccoli mixture to skillet; mix lightly.
- 10Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dijon Broccoli & Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.7
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 525.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 31.2 g