Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very light and spicy chicken dish. Quick and easy for the middle of the week or a romantic dinner for two. I serve it with a nice garlic rice pilaf.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 shallots or 1 small red onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets, & stems
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in a medium to large skillet with a pinch of red pepper flakes on medium-high heat.
- Mix chicken broth and soy sauce; set aside.
- Saute the shalots until translucent.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms, garlic and water, cover and steam 4-6 minutes.
- Remove from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add broth mixture; mix well and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in mustard until well blended.
- Return broccoli mixture to skillet; mix lightly.
- Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.