Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- cayenne pepper
- Steam the broccoli until it is barely tender.
- Combine all other ingredients and heat until butter melts.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour over the hot broccoli.
I turned this into a solo meal by adding a half a cup of broccoli flowerets to boiling water that also contained two cups of dried pasta. While they were cooking together ( eight minutes was just right ) I mixed the rest of the ingredients in a shallow bowl, and then poured the drained, hot pasta and broccoli on top and tossed. I think that diced cooked chicken or ham would also work well here.
I love broccoli and different ways to serve it. I added some minced garlic to this. I did add some cayenne pepper (I do like hot and spicy) but it just did not seem to work with the veggi only. Maybe if I added some pasta and chicken as Bill suggested the cayenne would have gone over better with me.
This is a very tasty way to serve broccoli. I used frozen broccoli and it worked just fine. It is very easy and quick to make.