Recipe by Meadhbh
These have come to be known as "Yummy Beans" as they're so good that even people who don't like green beans will love them. Found the recipe on Epicurious a while back, and modified it a bit to add the bacon and make it easier to prepare. This makes a LOT of beans for a big gathering, but it's easily modified for a few people.
- 8 -10 slices of thick-cut quality bacon
- 32 ounces green beans, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the dressing (olive oil, cider vinegar, and mustard) and pour over the green beans, toss to coat and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a deep skillet until it's crispy enough to crumble. Set aside. Toast the pecans in the fat from the bacon just until they're about a shade darker. Add the green beans to the skillet, dressing and all, and saute until warmed through, but still bright green.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of the bleu cheese while still warm so that it melts. Serve with the bacon and remaining bleu cheese crumbled over the top.