Recipe by cuisinebymae
0 grams of fat and so good! These are great with many different meals-beef, chicken,etc. Very colourful-elegant-HEALTHY!!!
Top Review by Queendawnita
DELICIOUS! These are so yummy. I used half the amount of sugar because of the natural sweetness of the beets. The heat from the Dijon, the acidity of the vinegar & lemon, and the earthiness of the beets make a divine combination. Can't wait to see how good these are tomorrow after marinating overnight. Thanks for the awesomely addicting recipe!
- 4 medium beets
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash beets.
- Cut off tops.
- Put beets in a pot with water to cover them.
- (If desired, you can also wash the beet tops and cook them in the same pot with the beets for another meal-they are wonderful!) Bring beets to a boil, covered.
- Cook until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and cool.
- Slice beets into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over beets.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve warm or let marinate in the fridge for a couple hours.