Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
0 grams of fat and so good! These are great with many different meals-beef, chicken,etc. Very colourful-elegant-HEALTHY!!!
- 4 medium beets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash beets.
- Cut off tops.
- Put beets in a pot with water to cover them.
- (If desired, you can also wash the beet tops and cook them in the same pot with the beets for another meal-they are wonderful!) Bring beets to a boil, covered.
- Cook until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and cool.
- Slice beets into 1/4 inch slices.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Pour over beets.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve warm or let marinate in the fridge for a couple hours.
DELICIOUS! These are so yummy. I used half the amount of sugar because of the natural sweetness of the beets. The heat from the Dijon, the acidity of the vinegar & lemon, and the earthiness of the beets make a divine combination. Can't wait to see how good these are tomorrow after marinating overnight. Thanks for the awesomely addicting recipe!
Excellent and delicous! Very easy to make and wonderfully flavorful.
Neither my husband nor I enjoyed these- and we love beets. For me, it was the vinegar-y taste that did me in.