Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A simple meal to prepare and clean up. Made in a foil packet. Just increase recipe for how many meals you want to prepare. This is a great recipe for those who only need to prepare a meal for themselves.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 pork chop, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprinkle seasone salt on both sides of pork chop.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Place chop in middle of foil packet.
- Top chop with vegetable mixture and sauce.
- Double fold end of foil packet but leave enough room for heat to circulate.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 1 hour or until the center of the pork chop is no longer pink.
- Open foil packet last 5 minutes of cooking to brown pork chop.
- This can be prepared ahead of time and frozen until you need it.
- After you place everything in the foil packet and seal the end just place packet into freezer until you are ready to use it.
- You also can prepare it the night before so that the flavors marinate together.
- Place foil packet in refrigerator until time to cook.
- Serve with a bake potato.
- Just place potato in oven at the same time.
- For a flavorable potato, wash skin, poke holes in it with a fork and rub with butter.
- Cover in aluminum foil and bake.
Tasty and very easy.
was ok, nothing special. did it as described, but added a bit of garlic (because we love garlic in everything). Will make again, but with some other changes of my own.
This is so simple and very tasty. Would be good with some onion.