Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
this tater salad totally rocks!
- 5 lbs colorado gold potatoes, washed quartered
- 1⁄2 cup fresh sweet basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh stevia, plant minced
- 6 slices thick cut pepper bacon, diced
- 3 teaspoons dried ground dill weed
- 18 hard boiled large brown eggs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet pickle relish (zucchini is better)
- 8 red yellow orange sweet bell pepper, diced
- 1 large vidalia onion, diced
- 6 green onions with tops, diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
For the dressing
- 2 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons dried cilantro
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon, flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Dice bacon into small 1/2 inch squares. Fry up peppered bacon and reserve the grease. Slather potatoes with bacon grease, season heavily with kosher salt, fresh cracked black pepper and dill weed.
- Preheat grill set up for indirect low heat (225 degrees). Add apple wood chips soaked in water for 1 hour to create smoke. Arrange potato quarters over drip pan and smoke for 1 – 1 1/2 hours, turn occasionally and move around if you have hot spots, until almost fork tender. (They should still hold together but bite through nicely al dente).
- While those are smoking, make dressing. In a blender mix together all ingredients for dressing until smooth and all the herbs are nicely incorporated into the dressing. Taste, you may need to add a bit more sugar to your liking. Remove from blender, put into non-reactive bowl. Set aside in fridge.
- While potatoes are still smoking, dice/mince all salad ingredients, refrigerate. Once potatoes are done, let them cool completely before dicing them. Once diced, combine with other egg/veggies mixture. Pour sauce over top and gently mix ingredients together. Garnish with paprika, basil leaves, cooked reserved bacon. ENJOY!