Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I always forget what digestive biscuits are, so decided to enter a recipe here. Now I won't forget! Here's the link for more recipes - http://www.melborponsti.com/mel-0130776.html
- 1 kg whole wheat flour
- 250 g butter
- 250 g dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 125 ml hot water
- Cut butter into flour until mixture is like coarse meal.
- Add all other ingredients, but only enough water to make dough into pastry consistency.
- Roll out on a floured surface till very thin (about 3 mm [1/8"] to 6 mm [1/4"] thick).
- Cut into small squares, depending on what size you prefer.
- Bake on *unoiled* baking sheets until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack.