Nancy Van Ess's Note:
This recipe dates back to Victorian England. the cookies are intended to be quite bland; add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla before adding milk if you desire. originally from "1001 Cookie Recipes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add just enough milk to make a firm dough.
- 3Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth.
- 4Roll out to a thickness of 1 1/8". Using a fork, prick all over.
- 5Using a 1 1/2" round cookie cutter, cut rounds and place 1" apart on prepared pans.
- 6Bake for 12-15 min, until the crust is golden brown.
- 7transfer to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Digestive Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (10 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 84.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 0.6 g