Plain cookies, good for tea, with cream cheese and jam, or cheese and fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut butter into flour until fully incorporated.
- 2Mix in remaining ingredients, carefully adding hot water until dough reaches a pastry consistency.
- 3Roll out dough on a floured board until very thin--1/8 inch (dough may be chilled first).
- 4Cut into rounds the size you want, transfer to cookie sheets (1" apart) and prick (like a cracker) [do not grease cookie sheets].
- 5Bake at 375 degrees F until golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- 6Cool on rack, store in air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Digestive Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 57.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g