1/1 Photo of Digest Diet: Pizza With Wilted Greens, Ricotta and Almonds
Chef #1352632's Note:
This was featured in the April 2012 issue of "Reader's Digest." I wanted to add it to Food.com so I wouldn't lose it! It is part of their Digest Diet feature. Here are the nutritional facts given in the article: (per 2-wedge serving): 341 calories, 17 g protein, 13 g fat (5 g saturated), 10 g fiber, 296 mg calcium, 10 mg vitamin C, 44 g carbohydrate, 603 mg sodium. As mentioned in the printed article, you can substitute cottage cheese for the ricotta if you puree it in a food processor for a minute. Also, using pre-made whole wheat crust gives you a faster and healthy option.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) prebaked whole wheat prepared pizza crust
- 1/4 cup water, plus 2 tsp water
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, chopped (fresh or dried)
- 12 ounces escarole, well washed and cut into 1/2-in-wide ribbons
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 500°F.
- 2In a large (12-inch) skillet, combine 1/4 cup water, garlic and rosemary. Bring to a boil.
- 3Add escarole, large handfuls at a time, adding more to pan as each batch wilts. Cover and cook until escarole is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together oil and remaining 2 tsp water. Brush onto pizza shell and place it on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- 5In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, salt and pepper.
- 6Remove pizza shell from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375°F Brush top of pizza shell with tomato paste. Top with escarole and then spoonfuls of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake until crust is crisp and almonds start to brown, 3-5 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Digest Diet: Pizza With Wilted Greens, Ricotta and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 257.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
prepared pizza crust