Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband is not a fan of coleslaw but this completely won him over, so he insisted I write down what I did!
- 1 lb coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, celery salt, dry mustard, pepper to make dressing (I shake it all together in a jar).
- Put coleslaw, green onions, and almonds in a large bowl and stir in dressing (you may not need to use all of it) until well mixed. Top with freshly ground pepper to taste.
Fantastic slaw! I deleted the almonds, will add them if I have them, and added a touch of sugar. Simple and surprising. Thank you!
A nice coleslaw that I enjoyed. I halved the recipe and for me, it was a little vinegary, but I just added a little more sugar. Thanks! Made for cookbook tag.
The depth of flavor was wonderful with the addition of olive oil, celery seed and dry mustard to the traditional mayo/vinegar/sugar mix. I did use celery seed to cut down on the sodium. Omitted sliced almond and green onions as I didn't have them on hand but will use them next time I make this. Thanks for a above board keeper coleslaw recipe!