Recipe by dolliegyrl
This is a new twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich. It's great for when you are in a rut and want to try something different!
Top Review by bratty
Great! I skipped the butter and put mayo on the bread but that's the only change I made. I was lucky enough to have some homegrown tomatoes on hand. YUM! I'll make this one again for sure.
- 2 slice bread, each buttered on 1 side
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slice tomatoes
- 0.25 ml basil
- 0.25 ml oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1 slice of bread in the skillet buttered side down.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Put four slices of sliced tomato on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the shredded mozzarella cheese over tomato.
- Sprinkle basil and oregano over the cheese and top with last slice of bread.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side flipping once or until lightly golden brown.