This is a new twist on the classic grilled cheese sandwich. It's great for when you are in a rut and want to try something different!
- Put 1 slice of bread in the skillet buttered side down.
- Sprinkle half of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Put four slices of sliced tomato on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the shredded mozzarella cheese over tomato.
- Sprinkle basil and oregano over the cheese and top with last slice of bread.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side flipping once or until lightly golden brown.
Great! I skipped the butter and put mayo on the bread but that's the only change I made. I was lucky enough to have some homegrown tomatoes on hand. YUM! I'll make this one again for sure.
This is a lovely grilled sandwich. I added a sprinkling of coarse sea salt, fresh ground pepper and I used fresh basil. This is very tasty. It grilled up golden, the cheese melted and blended beautifully with the tomatoes and the herbs. Thanks for sharing.
This is a great sandwich. I have always done a grilled cheese and tomato and loved it, but with the mozzarella cheese, tomato, and the spices--yummmmmmy! Thanks for posting this, dolliegyrl. I don't know why anyone hasn't reviewed it before this. It is great!