Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An unusual topping makes this a great casserole.
- 4 cups hot cooked peeled mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup kellogg's rice krispies cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, cream, 3/4 cup butter, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix thoroughly.
- Place sweet potato mixture in a 2 1/2 quart greased casserole dish.
- In another bowl, combine rice krispies, nuts, remaining 3/4 cup butter and brown sugar, stirring until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.