Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love to try something different and this salad is one recipe that I am very fond of. Looks great on a buffet or your holiday dinner table. It is not for everyone but try it you just may love it. Do in advance and put in fridge do not put the dressing on until serving and I recommend that you serve it on the side
- 2 bunches fresh Baby Spinach, washed,stems removed,swished dry
- 1 cup currants
- 1 cup canned beet, chopped
- 1 lemon, rind and pith removed,seeds removed,sliced as thin as you can
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a salad bowl, toss.
- Pour all the dressing ingredients into a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake dressing well until blended.
- Serve on the side or pour over the salad just before serving.
I absolutely loved the currant and beet combination. The dressing and other ingredients highlighted the sweet/sour flavors. Enjoyed the capers, Bergy.
This was a really delicious and different salad. I especially loved the little currants and the crunchy almonds. Being the purist that I am I used fresh beets, boiling them until fork tender, then letting them cool before slicing. It was a really great salad that I'll look forward to making again. After saying all that, I'll also admit that I left out the capers! I chickend out...sorry Bergy. Maybe next time.