Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I think this is pretty good, i had one friend tell me they thought it kinda tasted like a white castle burger.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon flour (heaping)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown hamburger, then drain.
- Stir in flour and soup mix.
- Add water and pickle juice.
- Simmer until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve with dill pickles on small buns.
I like the idea of this recipe and don't get me wrong it had decent flavor but the onion soup mix added too much sodium for our liking. Next time I will saute some sweet onions instead (possibly some sweet peppers also)...I also used the juice from some Mt. Olive sweet and hot banana peppers (it was all I had on hand but it was sooooooo tasty!)...will definitely try again with a few modifications.
My family thought these were very good. My daughter even had two little sandwiches.
What a wonderful combination of flavors! My family loved these.