Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on the side of a package of spaghetti (Shaw's brand) and tweaked it a little bit. It's not my idea of Shrimp Diavolo, which usually has tomatoes and not broccoli, but that's what it was called on the box so I'm passing it on (with my slight alterations). Anyway, I thought it was good. The original had 12 oz frozen shrimp, but I think frozen shrimp is often rather devoid of taste.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (1 lb) package linguine, cooked
- Blanch broccoli in boiling water and drain.
- Combine hext 5 ingredients (broth through capers in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and saute shrimp for 1 minute over medium-high heat. Stir broth mixture into skillet and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and bubbly and shrimp turn pink (3-4 minutes).
- Stir in broccoli and hot sauce and heat through.
- Serve over linguine.