Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The fennel and cumin may seem unusual ingredients for potato salad, but we find those flavors delightful.
- 6 cups boiled potatoes (about 4 large, diced)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pimentos, minced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Season-All salt or 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- Put potatoes, eggs, celery, onion, pickle, pimento & bacon in a bowl.
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar and seasonings; blend thoroughly. Pour over potato mixture & toss lightly.
- Chill several hours to lget flavors blend. Serves 6-8.
This is simply the best potato salad I've ever made. Stick to instructions
I subbed sweet potatoes for the regular and this one came out great thanks