Recipe by Bogey'sMom
I originally tried this recipe because I love onions and it sounded so odd. It was terrific. This is especially good served with grilled steaks.
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the onions in rings as thin as possible and layer single layers of onions with paper towels, ending with paper towels.
- Place a weighted cookie sheet on top and leave for at least two hours.
- Be sure you have several paper towels in between layers of onions to ensure the onions get really dry.
- Heat oil to 370 degrees and fry onions in small batches for about 2 minutes.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Mix together equal parts salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Sprinkle on onions and serve.