This is a good week night casserole for the family. One of my friends from back home in NC made this for supper one night and had me and my family over. From than on it was a meal I kept in mind when wanting something made with can Tuna.
- 6 ounces medium wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (8 ounce) Veg-All or 1 (8 ounce) mixed vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper (depends on personal taste)
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna in water (drained)
- 1 (6 ounce) canpillsbury golden flake refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Cook egg noodles according to package, drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cream of chicken soup,mayonnaise,water chestnuts,Veg-all or mixed vegetables, black pepper and tuna.
- Add cooked noodles to mixture, stir to combine.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Add mixture in dish.
- Open can biscuits, lay out biscuits.
- Take each biscuit and split apart to make a smaller round biscuit and place on top of mixture. You should have 12 biscuits around the top. (this helps the biscuit to bake completely while baking), or take and bake the biscuits half way than place on top of the mixture and finish baking.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, or until biscuits brown and are done underneath.
- Note: You can had more veggies to your desire.
This was AWESOME! I will definitely make it again. It was quick and easy and delicious.
This was a very easy recipe - good for a quick dinner. I liked the variation on the tuna noodle casserole. I did add extra veggies and also some chopped onions for extra flavor. Thank you for the great recipe.