- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt 2 T butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, and cook for one minute. Stir in the salt, sugar, onion, and sour cream. Add green beans, and stir to coat.
- Pour mixture into a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish. Spread shredded cheese over the top.
- In a small bowl, mix Ritz crackers with 1 T butter; sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden brown.