Recipe by Trisha W
This fish is made special and different because it has a touch of ketchup in the biscuit mix coating. Cooking time is fairly active, but short, as you must watch and turn the fish.
Top Review by ellie_
Good fish but my topping fell off - however this may have been my fault using the wrong type of fish - I used catfish that was on the thick side - I think this will work a lot better with flounder or sole fillets. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 lbs fish fillets or 2 lbs fish steaks (your favorite kind)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose buttermilk biscuit mix
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup shortening or 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges.
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip the fish in the egg beaten with water, then into the biscuit mix which is blended with the ketchup.
- Fry slowly in the heated oil, (about 1/8" deep in skillet) turning at least once, until the fish is golden brown on both sides (about 8 minutes).
- Serve with lemon for spritzing.