Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from a girl I work with, we had it yesterday for lunch. Was the best thing I have tasted in a long time!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag cabbage
- 6 green onions, chopped fine
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- Toast sesame seeds and almonds in oven, (use separate pans, they don't take the same amount of time to toast) I actually put the broiler on and put the pans on the bottom shelf to broil.
- It only takes a few minutes.
- Take the packet of seasoning that comes in the Ramen Noodle and mix it with the oil and vinegar (shake to mix well) Pour cabbage in bowl, chop green onion, add toasted almonds and seeds, pour dressing over cabbage then crumble raw noodles into salad.
- P.S. Don't put noodles or dressing until your ready to serve; they will become soggy if you pre mix them.
I have a similar recipe (from a girl at work!). It uses chopped cooked chicken and Nakano (original) rice vinegar, sugar and does not use the flavoring packet with the Top Ramen noodles. It is always a hit.